Intermountain Donor Services Mission Statement
Intermountain Donor Services (IDS) is a federally designated, nonprofit community service organization dedicated to the recovery and transplantation of organs and tissues. IDS serves Utah, southeastern Idaho, and western Wyoming, and Elko Nevada encompassing 3.6 million residents, 94 hospitals, and four transplant centers. IDS performs its procurement role, combined with community awareness and education, with the following goals in mind:
- To provide high quality organ and tissue procurement services to the medical and public communities we serve.
- To educate medical professionals and the public sector on the benefits of organ and tissue donation in order to provide, in a sensitive manner, the option of donation to all individuals.
- To provide an organizational environment that attracts, retains, and motivates qualified employees who are dedicated to our mission, vision, and values.
- To save and enhance lives through excellence in organ and tissue recovery.
- To help facilitate meaning and healing for donor families through the generosity of their loved one’s gift of organ and tissue donation.
- That no one on the transplant waiting list dies from the lack of an organ.
- That our community believes saying “Yes” to donation is the normal and right thing to do.
- Integrity, trust, confidentiality
- Personal accountability, professional behavior
- Mutual respect, human dignity
- Innovation, continued improvement
- Teamwork, collaboration
- Appreciation of diversity
- Balancing work and personal life